The KAVS Motorsport Lightweight Alternator Pulley is designed to reduce the weight and the speed of the alternator when other engine modifications mean it would be spinning faster.
Much like it is a good idea to fit a KAVS Motorsport Enlarged Crank Pulley to your engine when you install a smaller supercharger pulley (available from KAVS Motorsport in various sizes), fitting our enlarged Alternator Pulley will mean that the alternator will not have to work as hard when Enlarged Crank Pulleys are installed.
Here are just a few benefits:
- It will prolong the life of your alternator
- More BHP; because the design of the pulley allows the belt to work more efficiently with reduced stress and less mass
- Allows you to run a higher rev limit for more performance
The KAVS Motorsport Alternator Pulley for the Mini Cooper S is made from aluminum and coated with hard anodizing.
The product is also useful for owners who want to use their standard OEM belt with our smaller supercharger pulleys around 11% up to 15% sizes.
Here at KAVS Motorsport recommend the +5% Alternator Pulley as a good all-round size but we stock standard size and +10% all the time too. However, if you decide you would like a specific size then our in-house design team will be happy to make you a custom KAVS Motorsport Alternator Pulley to your own specifications; whether you need a bigger or smaller pulley.
You will benefit from our custom sized Alternator Pulleys if you:
- Run an extremely small supercharger pulley and would like to slow the alternator down even more to get as much power as possible
- Have a lot of electronic/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E) accessories in your car, and would like to boost the electricity to ensure your accessories run smoothly with a smaller alternator pulley
The KAVS Motorsport Alternator Pulley and our supercharger pulley both have the same lifetime warranty, and still meet all the required standards (ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004).